This guide will explain how to upload photos to Instagram from a PC From your personal or business account!
How To Upload Photos To Instagram From a PC?
If you want to learn how to upload photos to Instagram from a PC, you need to use a social media management platform since it is not possible to do it from the Instagram website. However, you can see and interact with Instagram.com content from any PC.
The steps to follow to upload photos to Instagram from a PC if you are using your business or personal account.
Here we show you how to do it through both!
How to upload photos to Instagram from a PC with a business account
Step # 1: Turn Your Account Into A Business Profile
Those Instagram users who already have a business profile can skip this step. If you have not yet converted your account into a business profile, then read on.
Instagram business accounts personal accounts have special characteristics:
- Promote publications.
- Track the performance of publications and audience demographics with the help of Instagram Insights.
- Add the contact information of your company (that way users can contact you directly through the application).
- Keep in mind that company profiles are different from verified profiles. Instagram accounts are personal or business, and both can be verified.
To create a company profile on Instagram, you must link it to your Facebook page. Also, you have to make sure to be the administrator of the page to carry out the following steps:
- Go to your profile and go to Options.
- Click on Change to Company Profile.
- When they ask you to connect to Facebook, click on Choose Page and follow the instructions.
- Make sure your profile is Public.
- On the page where the option Configure my Company Profile appears, review the contact information, make the necessary changes and click Done.
Step # 2: Add Your Instagram Business Profile To The Social Media Management Platform Of Your Choice
If your Instagram business profile is already connected to all your other social networks, then you can skip to Step # 3. Below we will show you how to add your profile to Hootsuite, our favorite social media management platform.
- Before you can upload a photo, you must add your Instagram account to the Hootsuite board. Here’s how to do it.
- Click the profile icon in the login menu Hootsuite and then add a Social Network, Select Instagram.
- Enter your credentials to access your account. Choose the option you want to work with and select Add a column.
- Select Instagram in the list of social networks.
If you already have an Instagram account linked to the Hootsuite platform but have recently updated it to a business account, you will need to reauthorize your account:
- Click on your profile photo in the upper right corner.
- Select Manage social networks.
- Select your Instagram business profile.
Connect to Instagram and follow the steps to the end.
Step # 3: Upload Your Photo And Add a Comment
- Now you are finally ready to schedule your Instagram.
- Posts using Hootsuite from your PC.
- Go to the message tray, add your comment and hashtags.
- Add an image and edit what you want to change, such as size, frame, and text overlays.
- When you are ready, review your post to ensure it is published exactly as you want.
- Publish your publication immediately or schedule it to be published later by clicking on the of the calendar icon. Make sure you choose the date and time you would like it to be published.
How to upload photos to Instagram from a PC with your personal account?
As we mentioned earlier, it is impossible to upload photos to Instagram without using the mobile application unless you’re using a social media management platform like Hootsuite.
Continue reading to learn how to upload photos to Instagram from a PC and schedule them to be published later.
Step # 1: Add Instagram to Hootsuite
- Click on the profile icon in the start menu and then Add a Social Network.
- To access your account enter your credentials.
- Choose the option you want to work with and select Add a column. Choose Instagram in the list of social networks and select your profile.
NOTE: Please note that Instagram requires non-commercial account posts to be carried out through your mobile application. To schedule your posts using Hootsuite, you’ll need to have the most up-to-date version of Instagram and Hootsuite.
Step # 2: Create And Program Your Post
Once you have Instagram on your Hootsuite platform, you will be ready to start uploading photos from your PC. Simply follow these steps:
- Click on Write Message.
- Write your caption (hashtags and emojis are totally welcome).
- Upload your photo or video.
- Go to the calendar, choose the day and time you want to schedule your post.
Step # 3: Post On Instagram
When it is time to publish your post, Hootsuite will send a notification to your mobile device notifying that it is time.
- To post your content, simply click on the notification. After this, you will be redirected to your publication on the Hootsuite platform. Check for the last time and when you’re ready, click Open on Instagram.
- Once the Instagram application opens, add your photo or video and apply filters if you wish.
- Then, copy the comment from Hootsuite to your mobile device. Now you simply have to click on paste so that the caption appears in your post.
- Finally, click on share to post your post! You have already successfully programmed your Instagram post with the help of Hootsuite.
And that’s how you can upload photos to Instagram from a PC. It’s time to have fun creating publications!